I said I’d be back. I hope you’ve had a joyful weekend.
There’s been one problem with splitting my list of ‘100’ happy things into two: I’ve kept thinking of more stuff to add! It seems mean to knock kittens off in favour of parallel parking success in order to fit an arbitrary number constraint. Surely happiness shouldn’t be constrained; it should flourish and grow. Which is why my list now goes up to 102.
Happy Things. Part 2.
51) Beautiful shoes.
52) Shooting stars.
53) Upmarket cleaning products.
54) A perfectly-cooked boiled egg.
55) Compliments about my children.
After an hour and 40 minute train journey to London on Friday a man stopped me as we got off and said, ‘It’s lovely to see such well-behaved children.’ I warned him that it could be a whole different ball-game on the way home, but it still made my day.
56) Beautiful photographs.
57) Being taught something by Boo.
She amazes me so much. Considering that Ofsted reckon her school is failing, she’s still taught me about alliteration, tessellation and what a split digraph is. She’s 6.
58) Singing at the top of my voice in the car.
I really can’t sing. Pity any passengers.
59) Free samples of face creams that I otherwise couldn’t afford.
60) The previous night’s boiled potatoes sliced and deep-fried.
It’s a testament to the fact that I do love Husband a bit that I’m willing to share them with him…sometimes.
61) Suppli alla telefonica.
Mozzarella rice balls. Delicious.
62) Halloumi cheese.
63) Dandelion clocks and seeds on the breeze.
64) My desk.
65) Live from the Red Carpet at the Oscars.
Except Husband has cancelled our Sky subscription, so I didn’t get to see it this year. 😦
67) Being given a coupon for more than £1 at the supermarket.
68) Blue skies.
70) Being right.
In theory, that should mean I’m always happy. 😉
71) The open road.
72) Eating out.
73) Plans coming to fruition.
74) The tree outside Worksop with shoes randomly hanging from it.
76) Jewish chicken soup.
I can’t tell you how hard I’ve tried to get the recipe from a friend.
77) ‘Hippos Go Beserk’ by Sandra Boynton.
78) Taking Noodles to baby gym.
79) Having a suntan. And the smell of sun cream.
80) Fountain pens.
81) An empty notebook.
82) A baby nestled on my shoulder.
83) Wind turbines.
84) When a photo of Noodles or Boo ends up on a poster…
85) Perfect parallel parking.
88) My nan’s button box.
89) Real lemonade with lots of ice.
90) Ticking things off lists.
91) Seeing Noodles literally jump with glee.
92) The North Norfolk coast.
93) Parcel deliveries.
Like receiving a present, even if I have paid for it myself.
94) Shopping for new homeware.
Because you’re never too fat for your cushions.
95) Shiny hair.
96) Fields of sunflowers in the Dordogne.
97) Going out for the night and feeling amazing.
98) Fish and chips by the sea.
99) Being stroked, with no agenda.
100) Oh, go on then, great sex.
101) Being loved.
102) A job well done.